USA CYCLING PRO ROAD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL RETURN JUNE 23-26, 2022
2021 Race Routes Maps
Below are course maps for the Road Race, Criterium and Time Trial. Click to see full map.
Road Closure Details & Access Points
Please refer to the below maps which show crossing access points on where you can cross during the race.
PERIODIC ROAD CLOSURES
The 2021 Pro Road National Championships are coming to Knoxville June 17 - 20. This is your chance to cheer on some of the world’s best cyclists as they compete for the coveted Stars and Stripes jerseys on the streets of Knoxville.
We are excited for the return of USA Cycling Pro Road National Championships, and we hope you will join us for this action-packed weekend!
Road Closure Details: Oak Ridge
Thursday, June 17 : Oak Ridge
Time Trail Race Road Closures: Melton Lake Drive
Melton Lake Drive will be closed from Amanda Drive to Emory Valley Road at 8 AM. At 9 AM, Melton Lake Drive will be closed from Palisades Parkway to Rolling Links Blvd. Union Valley Road will also be closed. Residents of the River’s Run, Rockbridge and Royal Troon neighborhoods may exit right onto Melton Lake Drive toward Edgemoor Rd. until 9:15AM. FULL closure of Melton Lake Drive from Palisades Parkway to Edgemoor Road will begin at 9:15AM. Residents of Palisades Parkway may turn left onto Melton Lake Drive toward Oak Ridge Turnpike.
The River’s Run, Rockbridge and Royal Troon neighborhoods, INCLUDING the Rolling Links Blvd Entrance, will be shut down beginning at 9:15AM. A midday break will be provided for a brief time between races to allow cars out of the neighborhood. In case of emergency, an EMS and fire truck will be on standby. Any recurring services including but not limited to: home care, lawn care, or repair, will need to be rescheduled or arrive prior to 9:15AM. All vehicles along the race route will need to be in the driveway and off the road. More details and specific times will be provided closer to date.
Emory Valley Road Impact
Emory Valley Rd. will be closed from Artesia Drive to Melton Lake Drive beginning at 8AM. There will be no access onto Melton Lake Drive from Emory Valley Road.
All roads, including neighborhoods, will tentatively be open by 5:00PM.
Road Closure Details: Knoxville
- See below for daily road closure schedule in Knoxville.
- The above maps will show specific locations where you can cross the route during the race.
- If you have questions, please call 865-342-9137
Thursday, June 17 : Knoxville
The Gay Street block from Church to Cumberland will be closed from 6:00pm on Thursday.
Friday, June 18 : Knoxville
Roads will be closed from 4:00 PM – 9:30 PM (Finish times are approximate). This will affect traffic on parts of South Gay street, West Hill Avenue & Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Drive. The Gay Street block from Church to Cumberland will be closed all day Friday.
The streets will have a hard closure during the race. There will be no access across the route during the race
Crit Race Road Closures
- Starting out on S. Gay St.
- Left turn from S. Gay St. to W. Hill Ave.
- Left turn from W. Hill Ave. to Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Drive.
- Left turn from Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Drive to E. Church Ave.
- Right turn from E. Church Ave. to State St.
- Left Turn from State St. to Clinch Ave.
- Left turn from Clinch Ave. onto S. Gay. St.
Saturday, June 19 : Knoxville
The Gay Street block from Church to Cumberland will be closed all day Saturday.
Sunday, June 20 : Knoxville
The below road closures will be controlled by the Knoxville Police Department and will allow for crossover traffic in select areas. The above maps will show specific locations where you can cross the route during the race.
Roads will be closed from 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM (Finish times are approximate). There will be periodic road closures through DOWNTOWN and SOUTH KNOXVILLE.
Road Race Road Closures
- Starting out on S. Gay St.
- Left turn from S. Gay St. to Council Pl.
- Right Turn from Council Pl. to Atchley St.
- Right turn from Atchley St. to Mimosa Ave.
- Left turn from Mimosa Ave. to Sherrod Rd.
- Sherrod Rd. continues onto Davenport Rd.
- Left turn from Davenport Rd. to Wynn Ave.
- Wynn Ave continues onto Cottrell St.
- Left turn from Cottrell St. to Anita Dr.
- Left turn from Anita Dr. onto James White Parkway
- Right turn from James White Parkway onto E. Hill Ave.
- Left turn from E. Hill Ave. onto Harriett Tubman St.
- Left turn from Harriett Tubman St. onto McCalla Ave.
- McCalla Ave continues onto Willow Ave.
- Left Turn from Willow Ave. onto S. Central St.
- Right turn from S. Central St. onto Clinch Ave.
- Left Turn from Clinch Ave. onto S. Gay St.
The Gay Street block from Church to Cumberand will be closed until 9:00 pm on Sunday.
Further refinement of all race day schedules is expected prior to race days. More specifics on closures and openings to come.