Who is Visit Knoxville?
- Visit Knoxville is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, private company that works together with the community, business leaders and local and state government to further develop Knoxville as a premier destination for visitors, meetings/conventions, sporting events and film production.
- Visit Knoxville currently has contracts with Knox County and the City of Knoxville to conduct destination marketing efforts on behalf of these municipalities.
- Visit Knoxville is the official and primary provider of visitor information for Knox County and the City of Knoxville.
- Visit Knoxville owns and operates the official Knoxville Visitor Center located at 301 S. Gay Street, in downtown Knoxville. Attractions and tourism partners are welcome to display their promotional literature in the center throughout the year.
- Visit Knoxville manages the Observation Deck of the Sunsphere in partnership with the City of Knoxville and Knox County.
- Visit Knoxville produces the Official Knoxville Visitors Guide.
- Visit Knoxville is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International (DI). Visit Knoxville attained this prestigious national accreditation in 2008 and is one of only two CVBs in Tennessee to have obtained this accreditation.
- Visit Knoxville is governed by a board of outstanding community leaders who willingly commit their time to nurture our efforts to be an economic development driver for the Knoxville/Knox County area.