- Visit Knoxville is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, private company that works together with the community, business leaders and local and state government to further develop Knoxville as a premier leisure, meetings and travel destination.
- Visit Knoxville currently has contracts with Knox County and the City of Knoxville to conduct destination marketing efforts on behalf of these municipalities.
- Visit Knoxville is the official and primary provider of visitor information for Knox County and the City of Knoxville.
- Visit Knoxville owns and operates the official Knoxville Visitor Center located at 301 S. Gay Street, in downtown Knoxville. Attractions and tourism partners are welcome to display their promotional literature in the center throughout the year.
- Visit Knoxville has one of the most powerful and effective tourism media relations teams in Knoxville – hosting or assisting numerous travel writers annually from various media outlets, including print and online.
- Visit Knoxville partners with the Knoxville Chamber to produces the "Official Knoxville Visitors & Relocation Guide". Print distribution is to 225,000 visitors annually.
- VisitKnoxville.com is the official and comprehensive visitor web site for Knoxville and Knox County, serving vacationers, meeting planners, sports event holders and travel agents.
- Visit Knoxville is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destination Marketing Association International. Visit Knoxville attained this prestigious national accreditation in 2008, and is one of only two CVBs in Tennessee to have obtained this accreditation.