COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Sports Authority Internship Program supports the inclusion of underserved and underrepresented college-level students and retain
s talent in Knox County through a variety of internship opportunities related to the construction and operations associated with the multi-use stadium in Knoxville, thus creating a pipeline of professionals as a result of the internship experiences.
Internship Program Details:
• Summer 2023 – approximately 8-10 weeks, 40 hours per week.
- Current college student
- College grade requirement will vary and is based upon the needs of the employer and the internship position.
- Approach internship as a professional opportunity to improve skills: personal, professional, and/or technical.
- Diligently respond to work requests and support the overall employer team.
- Take initiative where appropriate.
- Participate fully in the work and responsibilities.
- Participate in the mid-point and final evaluation surveys.
Open Internship Positions with Descriptions:
• BarberMcMurry Architecture or Interior Design Intern
• Denark Construction Project Intern
• DIA Marketing Intern
• KUB Engineering Student Intern
• Moxley Carmichael Public Relations Intern
• S&ME Engineering Student Intern
• Tennessee Smokies Marketing/Community Relations Intern
• Tennessee Smokies Stadium Operations Intern
• August 31, 2022 – Announce internships and begin accepting applications
• October 31, 2022 – Application deadline
• November 1, 2022 - February 15, 2023 – Screen, interview, and select candidates
• March 1, 2023 – Finalize details with students
• May 1 - August 12, 2023 – Internships
- Upload a resume and cover letter
- Provide letters from three professional or academic references with contact details
- Answer the question, “Share with us why you are interested in this specific internship?”