Valentine's Day in Knoxville
Ranked as one of America's most romantic cities for the past 6 years, Knoxville is the place to be this Valentine's day. It's easy to see why this city is so romantic with so many fun date night options, romantic getaway spots, and delicious dining selections. Knoxville is known for a variety of Valentines Day events(see below) and venues to keep the romance alive. Whether you're looking for some one on one time with your significant other, or just a fun time with a group of friends, there's plenty of fun if not romantic activities to make a lasting impression. Below are some fun date night ideas and romantic dining spots plus much more. You'll definitely love what Knoxville has to offer in February and all year long!
Valentine's Day Events
February Fun Ideas
For the Hopeless Romantic:
- Go on a fun Murder Mystery Cruise or make it a romantic sunset cruise, aboard the Tennessee Riverboat or the Volunteer Princess Cruises. Then take a stroll along Volunteer Landing waterfront or one of Knoxville's greenways. You can also enjoy the beauty of the nearby Knoxville Botanical Gardens or UT Gardens.
- Order some local food for the perfect picnic and enjoy the scenic views at one of Knoxville's beautiful local parks and take along some yummy chocolates from the Knoxville Chocolate Factory or Coffee and Chocolate, plus don't forget to buy a bottle of wine from one of our local wine bars such as Drink or Echo. Pair your relaxing day with a couple’s massage at Meadowsweet Massage and Wellness.
- What's more romantic than enjoying a taste of Italy at Emilia Italian restaurant followed by a visit to Sapphire for a handcrafted cocktail. Keep the romance alive with a historic overnight stay at The Oliver Hotel.
For the Active Adventurer:
- Opt outside for a breath of fresh air hiking in the Urban Wilderness. You can also rent a bike and try your legs out on some of the mountain biking trails in the area.
- Go indoor rock climbing at The Climbing Center or the Onsight Rock Gym
- Get into the swing of things with a round of golf at one of Knoxville's local golf courses
- Bowl and rock n' roll at one of Knoxville's coolest new bowling spots, Maple Hall Bowling. (You'll be able to sip a drink while relaxing on their comfy couches between turns).
- Watch the Hard Knox Roller Derby Girls in action then try your own roller skating at Skatetown or embrace the cold weather with some ice skating at the Ice Chalet or Cool Sports
- Who says jumping is only for kids? Bounce, flip and leap through the day at Knoxville's JumpJam Trampoline Park.
For the Culturally Inclined:
- Peruse fine art at the Knoxville Museum of Art or learn a little bit about Knoxville's history at one of our historic museums or historic homes.
- Listen to the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra play at the historic Tennessee Theatre, watch contemporary dance or hear jazz performances at the Bijou Theater, or become captivated watching a play performance at the Clarence Brown Theater.
- Discover your artistic side while enjoying a glass of wine at Painting with a Twist or you can paint your own pottery at Liza Moz or even fire up your own unique piece at Mighty Mud.
- The first Friday of every month, Downtown Knoxville hosts First Friday a spectacular event filled with wine, food, art exhibits, and live music throughout the area. You can also enjoy Valentine's in the City in Market Square.
For the Team Player:
- Have fun solving puzzles and working as a team putting your minds together to escape a locked room at Escape Game, Which Way Out, or Breakout Knoxville.
- Try your hands at a mobile urban scavenger hunt. Use your phone and reserve a time for your adventure with Seek Knoxville.
- Grab your group, make a reservation and head over to Navitat Canopy Adventures. You can zipline and climb your day away on their obstacle courses.
For the Pet Lover:
- Take your furry friend for a bite to eat at one of our many area restaurants with pet-friendly patios.
- Let your best friend run wild and roam free in Knoxville's many dog parks.
- Bring the leash and take a walk along a Knoxville greenway
- Voted as one of the most pet friendly cities, there are plenty of fun filled activities for you and your four-legged pal to do in Knoxville.