TOUR DE LIGHTS
Prepare to immerse yourself in holiday joy with Tour de Lights 2023, the fantastic, free, and family-friendly holiday bike ride presented by Visit Knoxville and Bike Walk Knoxville. This year's event will kick-off and conclude at Mary Costa Plaza, and we've got some exciting additions in store! Expect a Holiday Market & Expo, delectable food vendors, and a delightful surprise guest appearance by Santa himself.
Don't forget to register every participant in your group for the ride – this enters each person for a chance to win some fantastic prizes! We encourage all participants to get into the holiday spirit by decorating themselves and their bikes. Moreover, Tour de Lights serves as a unifying celebration, engaging neighborhoods, local businesses, and the community, who gather to bask in the festive atmosphere.
Join us on December 9, 2023 from 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm at Mary Costa Plaza!
Schedule of Events
- 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm Holiday Market & Expo
- 4:15 pm Costume Contest Judging (Register for the costume contest at here.)
- 5:30 pm Tour de Lights Bike Ride Start
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Special Appearance & Photos with Santa
- Costume contest winners announced after the ride! You must be present to win!
This year's event will be bigger and better than ever!
Tour de Lights Costume Contest Information:
One of the most enjoyable and thrilling aspects of Tour de Lights is the abundance of holiday decorations. There's no more enjoyable way to immerse yourself in the holiday season than by adorning yourself, your bicycle, your helmet, or even your friends! Be a part of the excitement and take part in our costume contest for an opportunity to snag some fantastic prizes provided by local businesses. Be sure to bring your best effort because the competition becomes fiercer with each passing year!
Costume Contest Categories for 2023 will be:
- Most Creative Bike
- Best Themed Group
- Best All-Around
Each person may enter in only one category.
Who are the judges?
We are enlisting fantastic individuals from the Knoxville community who will infuse the contest judging with enthusiasm and vibrant energy!
What else should I know?
- Parking at the Coliseum/Civic Auditorium Garages:
- $5 - Before 3:30p
- Free - 3:30p-5:00p
- $10 - After 5:00p
- All judging and awards will take place during the Holiday Market & Expo at Mary Costa Plaza on December 9th.
- Judging will start at 4:15pm
- You MUST be in costume and ready to show off what you've got!
- We will judge the categories one at a time, making sure everyone is ready to start the ride promptly at 5:30pm.
- Awards will be announced following the ride at Mary Costa Plaza. You must be present to win!
- Remember to come early and hang out after the ride to enjoy the Holiday Market & Expo and support your local businesses!