Click to view gallery
Knoxville, TN 37902
Knoxville, TN 37902
- Date(s): March 3, 2018 to March 3, 2018
- Event Times: From: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Location: Market Square & Krutch Park
Day-of Registration: 9 am
Parade Starts: 11 am
Pet Party on Market Square: 11 am – 3 pm
Young-Williams Animal Center is celebrating its 11th annual Mardi Growl Parade and Festival, and we don’t want you to miss it! Save the date and sign up now for Saturday, March 3, when thousands of spectators will line the streets of downtown Knoxville to watch hundreds of furry friends, many in costume, march with their humans to raise both awareness for the life-saving efforts of Young-Williams Animal Center and support for Knoxville’s pet-friendliest community. We’re also excited to announce Old City Wine Bar is our presenting sponsor.
Our mission is to “Find a Home for Every Pet,” and whether you’re a sponsor, vendor or participant of Mardi Growl, Young-Williams Animal Center’s largest fundraiser, you will help continue much-needed services for nearly 10,000 animals.
Mardi Growl has been voted “Best Non-Profit fundraiser,” and being our 11th year, we expect this to be our biggest event ever. The pet parade steps off at 11 a.m. from Willow Avenue, winds through the Old City and down Gay Street before leading to a party on Market Square and Krutch Park. The festival is from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., hosting more than 60 vendors.
Attend Mardi Growl’s Week in downtown Knoxville, beginning the last weekend of February and continuing until Parade and Festival day on Saturday, March 3, with downtown restaurants featuring “N’awlins French flavors.
Parade starts from Willow Ave at 11am - Parade Route will have closures for an hour:
Route: Willow to Central, Central to Jackson, Jackson to Gay, Gay to Clinch, Clinch to Market.
Willow Ave between Central and Patton will be closed from 7am-12pm. Temporary No Parking on Willow begins at 6am Saturday March 3
- Market Street between Union and Clinch will be closed from 8am-4pm, Temporary No Parking on Market Street begins at 6am Saturday March 3
- Union between Walnut and Gay will be closed from 8am-4pm, Temporary No Parking on Union begins at 6am Saturday March 3
- Gay Street between Depot & Church will be closed from 11:00am - 12:15pm, Temporary No Parking on Gay Street begins at 9am
- Starting at 9am, there will also be Temporary No Parking on:
- Jackson Ave between Central & Gay
- Central between Jackson & Willow
- Clinch between State Street & Walnut