Happy hour is here! Enjoy this new series featuring local cocktail creations from creative bartenders and mixologists at various Knoxville establishments. Today we’re featuring PostModern Spirits, one of two Knoxville stops on the Tennessee Whiskey Trail and well known for their own brands of gin, vodka, and more. Try your hand at the recipe below and enjoy a glass of sofia, and consider stopping by PoMo on your next visit to Knoxville – cheers!
- Glass: Rocks
- 2 ounce PostModern Spirits Giniferous Gin
- 0.75 ounce Lemon Juice
- 0.5 ounce Rosemary Syrup*
- 1 dash Instafoam (egg white replacement - can substitute 1 egg white)
- 0.25 ounce PostModern Spirits Elderberry Gin Liqueur
- Garnish: Rosemary sprig & Dehydrated Lemon & drizzle of Elderberry Gin Liqueur
Method: Add all ingredients except Elderberry Gin Liqueur to a shaker with ice and thoroughly shake for 20-30 seconds. Double strain into ice filled rocks glass and gently drizzle Elderberry Gin Liqueur over the top and garnish with Rosemary Sprig and Dehydrated Lemon.
*Rosemary Syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water and 1/4 dried rosemary over medium heat and bring just to a boil while stirring regularly. Cut the heat at boil and allow to stand for ten minutes. Strain rosemary and retain syrup. Keep refrigerated.