The Market Square Farmers’ Market, Run for the Deaf, GlassFest, and Walk MS are just some of the weekend events that will mean some temporarily closed streets around Knoxville.
May 1 –May 15
- Union Avenue between Walnut Street and Gay Street will be closed.
- Clinch Avenue between Gay Street and Market Street will be closed.
- Market Street between Clinch Avenue and Union Avenue will be closed.
Temporary no-parking zones are in effect on all three streets. Street closures are from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Friday, May 2
- World’s Fair Park Drive between Clinch and entrance to Fort Kid will be closed from Friday, May 2 at 8 a.m. through Sunday, May 4 at 8 p.m.
Temporary no-parking zones in effect from Clinch Avenue to 17th Street.
Saturday, May 3
Market Square Farmers’ Market
- Market Street between Union Avenue and Clinch Avenue will be closed.
- Union Avenue between Gay Street and Walnut Street will be closed.
Temporary no-parking zones will be in effect beginning at 5:00 a.m. Street closures are from 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Run For The Deaf
- Anticipate temporary rolling closures, 8-9:30 a.m.
- The run will start at Tennessee School for the Deaf, turn right on Willis Place, then right on Maplewood Drive, cross Fisher Place, right on Spence Place, turn left on Estelle Circle, left on Spence Place, right on Willis Place, right on Island Home Avenue, back to Tennessee School for the Deaf.
Walk MS 2014
- There will be temporary rolling closures from 8-10:30 a.m.
- The run starts off in the eastbound lane of Cherokee Boulevard from the west end parking lot to Talahi Park, then will continue in the westbound lane of Cherokee Boulevard.
Gay Street (West southbound lane) between 445 S. Gay Street and Union Avenue will be closed from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for the placement of a boom lift.
Sunday, May 4
Union Avenue between Rococo Boutique on 2 Market Square and Gay Street will have one lane closed for the placement of a boom lift from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
State Street between Clinch Avenue and Church Street will be closed from May 4 at 9 p.m. through Monday, May 5 at 7 a.m. for load out.
# # #