KNOXVILLE, TN (July 13, 2023) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Visit Knoxville announces partnership with KnoxMedia to produce the Elev8or Pitch, a major component of FILM FEST KNOX. Knox Media is a community-supported 501c3 nonprofit organization that connects people in Knoxville’s ever-growing production industry and provides valuable educational, networking, and upskilling opportunities.
“The Visit Knoxville Film Office is proud to partner with KnoxMedia, an organization that serves the professional production industry in Knoxville,” said Curt Willis, Director of the Visit Knoxville Film Office. “We’re excited about working together to produce the Elev8or Pitch, which will bring additional opportunities to the film community in this area and beyond.”
“KnoxMedia is thrilled to contribute to the new Film Fest Knox, as it aligns perfectly with our vision for a better connected, resourced, and represented production community. Knoxville is an incredible place to make films and we’re excited to see what the community brings to the screen,” said Amelia Bartlett, a board member of KnoxMedia.
Registration for the Elev8or Pitch is now open on Agile: REGISTER HERE AT FILMFESTKNOX.COM. The registration fee is $75 per team, which includes one full festival pass for the weekend.
FILM FEST KNOX provides space for local filmmakers to share their craft and passion with a large audience, and the Elev8or Pitch takes this a few steps further:
- Each competitor submits a 60-second pitch to share their idea, as well as how and why they are ready to make it into a feature film.
- Filmmakers go beyond an 8-minute stand-alone short film as a proof-of-concept to establish a foundation for a full-length feature film’s potential production.
- Each competitor will be supported by industry-specific pitch resources like deck templates, best practices, and production process strategies.
- A jury of film industry professionals will evaluate all team submissions.
- The top 20 teams will have their films screened in a block during FILM FEST KNOX.
- The top 8 Elev8or finalists will be asked to give a 3-minute live pitch following their short film’s screening in front of a live audience and a panel of industry professionals, preparing the judges to imagine the feature potential. This will take place on Thursday, November 9, prior to the start of FILM FEST KNOX.
- Judges can ask questions following the screening, giving the filmmaker(s) the opportunity to speak to their capabilities, experience, and vision.
- Three teams will be chosen as the winners of the Elev8or Pitch competition, with one team’s project being awarded as Best Pitch.
There will be cash prizes along with mentorship opportunities with established industry professionals. Additional awards available to the top 20 teams include best actor, best actress, best-supporting actor, best supporting actress, best cinematography, best screenplay, best directing, best music, and the top prize of best pitch.
This event will offer networking and collaboration opportunities for Knoxville area filmmakers to connect with their counterparts beyond East Tennessee. The VK Film Office is hosting a group of producers and film professionals from industry hubs like LA, NYC, and Atlanta all weekend long, and the Elev8or Pitch will be their personal introduction to the region’s most promising filmmakers.
The deadline for registrations is August 9. The Kickoff Party for the Elev8or Pitch will be August 10 at 5PM at Scruffy City Hall. All teams are recommended to attend. Specific requirements for the Elev8or Pitch submissions will be revealed at the Kickoff Party.
More details on FILM FEST KNOX will continue to be provided in 2023 at FILMFESTKNOX.com.
KnoxMedia is a community-supported effort to connect people in Knoxville's ever-growing production industry. Anyone involved with the pre-production, production, or post-production process is welcome. The goal is to be a forum for discussion, collaboration, criticism, and growth in this industry, both personally and in our community.
ABOUT THE VISIT KNOXVILLE FILM OFFICE
The Visit Knoxville Film Office serves to strengthen Knoxville’s economy through the promotion of the city as a premiere filming location. By attracting motion media companies to Knoxville through the marketing of its locations, accommodations, services, crew, and talent, the Film Office fosters the creation of jobs in the area, stimulates business opportunities, and generates exposure. Knoxville has three times been named one of MovieMaker Magazine’s Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker. For more information visit filmknoxvilletn.com and follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Director of Communications