Periodic Road Closures
The 2019 Pro and Para-Cycling Road National Championships are coming to Knoxville June 27 - 30. This is your chance to cheer on some of the world’s best cyclists as they compete for the coveted Stars and Stripes jerseys on the streets of Knoxville and Oak Ridge.
We are excited for the return of USA Cycling Pro Road National Championships and the addition of the Para-Cycling National Championships. We hope you will join us for this exciting weekend!
Thursday, June 27 : Oak Ridge
Roads will be closed from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Finish times are approximate).
River’s Run neighborhood
Rivers Run Way and Raintree Crossing
If you have a need on Thursday 6/27 between 10 – 3pm to leave your home; we will be providing a time for folks to depart their house between 11:50 – 12:30. We will ask that you park your car on the upper part of Rolling Links Blvd (uphill from Riverside Dr) between 8-9am and a shuttle will drive you back to your house. When you want to depart during the race change – stand at the end of your driveway (starting at 11:50) and a shuttle will pick you up to take you to your car. You can return to your home at 3pm. You can call this hotline and give your info – 865.342.9292 to be notified of changes. You can also make personalized reservations if needed so we know to watch for you.
Royal Troon & Rockbridge
(not on race route)
If you have a need on Thursday 6/27 between 10 – 3pm to leave your home; we will be providing a time for folks to depart their house between 11:50 – 12:30. We will ask that you drive your car to the road closure at Rolling Links Blvd and Riverside Dr at the designated time and we will provide the outlet when we have a pause in the race (see above). You can return to your home at 3pm. You can call this hotline and leave your information – 865.342.9292 to be notified of changes.
The following road closures will be controlled by the Knoxville Police Department and will allow for crossover traffic.
NOTE: The Gay Street block from Church to Cumberland will be closed from 6:00pm Thursday, June 27 – 9pm Sunday, June 30
- In certain areas, free shuttles will be provided for transportation to secure areas where you can park your vehicles.
- The below maps will show specific locations where you can cross the route during the race.
- If you have questions, please call 865-342-9137
Friday, June 28 : Knoxville
Roads will be closed from 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Finish times are approximate). This will affect traffic on parts of South Gay street, West Hill Avenue & Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Drive.
The streets will have a hard closure during the race. There will be no access across the route during the race
Crit Race Road Closures
- Starting out on S. Gay St.
- Left turn from S. Gay St. to W. Hill Ave.
- Left turn from W. Hill Ave. to Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Drive.
- Left turn from Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Drive to E. Church Ave.
- Right turn from E. Church Ave. to State St.
- Left Turn from State St. to Clinch Ave.
- Left turn from Clinch Ave. onto S. Gay. St.
Saturday, June 29 : Knoxville
You will experience road closures on Saturday, June 29 from 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM (finish times are approximate). This will affect traffic on parts of James White Parkway. See map below for details.
Sunday, June 30 : Knoxville
Roads will be closed from 8:45 AM – 7:00 PM (Finish times are approximate). There will be periodic road closures through DOWNTOWN and SOUTH KNOXVILLE.
Road Race Road Closures
- Starting out on S. Gay St.
- Left turn from S. Gay St. to Council Pl.
- Right Turn from Council Pl. to Atchley St.
- Right turn from Atchley St. to Mimosa Ave.
- Left turn from Mimosa Ave. to Sherrod Rd.
- Sherrod Rd. continues onto Davenport Rd.
- Left turn from Davenport Rd. to Wynn Ave.
- Wynn Ave continues onto Cottrell St.
- Left turn from Cottrell St. to Anita Dr.
- Left turn from Anita Dr. onto James White Parkway
- Right turn from James White Parkway onto E. Hill Ave.
- Left turn from E. Hill Ave. onto Harriett Tubman St.
- Left turn from Harriett Tubman St. onto McCalla Ave.
- McCalla Ave continues onto Willow Ave.
- Left Turn from Willow Ave. onto S. Central St.
- Right turn from S. Central St. onto Clinch Ave.
- Left Turn from Clinch Ave. onto S. Gay St.