Periodic Road Closures
The 2018 U.S. Pro Road, Time Trial & Criterium National Championships are coming to Knoxville June 21 - 24. This is your chance to cheer on some of the world’s best cyclists as they compete for the coveted Stars and Stripes jerseys on the streets of Knoxville.
You will experience road closures on Friday, June 22 from 5:15pm - 9:30pm (all finish times are approximate). This will affect traffic on parts of South Gay street, West Hill Avenue & Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Drive.
You will experience periodic road closures through DOWNTOWN and SOUTH KNOXVILLE on Sunday, June 24th requiring road closures in some neighborhoods from 8:00am - 6:30pm (all finish times are approximate).
The road closures will be controlled by the Knoxville Police Department
and will allow for crossover traffic at designated access points*.
NOTE: The Gay Street block from Church to Cumberland will be closed from 6:00pm Thursday, June 21 – 9pm Sunday, June 24
- In certain areas, free shuttles will be provided for transportation to secure areas where you can park your vehicles.
- The below maps will show specific locations where you can cross the route during the race.
- If you have questions, please call 865-342-9137
Friday, June 22
Roads will be closed from 5:15 PM – 9:30 PM (Finish times are approximate)
The streets will have a hard closure during the race. There will be no access across the route during the race
Crit Race Road Closures
- Starting out on S. Gay St.
- Left turn from S. Gay St. to W. Hill Ave.
- Left turn from W. Hill Ave. to Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Drive.
- Left turn from Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Drive to E. Church Ave.
- Right turn from E. Church Ave. to State St.
- Left Turn from State St. to Clinch Ave.
- Left turn from Clinch Ave. onto S. Gay. St.
Sunday, June 24
Roads will be closed from 8:00 AM – 6:15 PM (Finish times are approximate)
There will be periodic road closures through DOWNTOWN and SOUTH KNOXVILLE
Please refer to the below maps which show crossing access points on where you can cross during the race.
Road Race Road Closures
- Starting out on S. Gay St.
- Left turn from S. Gay St. to Council Pl.
- Right Turn from Council Pl. to Atchley St.
- Right turn from Atchley St. to Mimosa Ave.
- Left turn from Mimosa Ave. to Sherrod Rd.
- Sherrod Rd. continues onto Davenport Rd.
- Left turn from Davenport Rd. to Wynn Ave.
- Wynn Ave continues onto Cottrell St.
- Left turn from Cottrell St. to Anita Dr.
- Left turn from Anita Dr. onto James White Parkway
- Right turn from James White Parkway onto E. Hill Ave.
- Left turn from E. Hill Ave. onto Harriett Tubman St.
- Left turn from Harriett Tubman St. onto McCalla Ave.
- McCalla Ave continues onto Willow Ave.
- Left Turn from Willow Ave. onto S. Central St.
- Right turn from S. Central St. onto Clinch Ave.
- Left Turn from Clinch Ave. onto S. Gay St.
The complete USA Cycling Guide is also available on the FREE Visit Knoxville App.