The ORNL Group Tour Program offers guided tours of the laboratory where visitors learn more about its facilities, research, operations, and rich history. Tours of the main campus are available for middle schools (grades 5-8) and high schools (grades 9-12), colleges and universities, and civic and community groups. Advance notice of at least 30 but no more than 90 days is required. Eligible groups must have a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 25 participants. Middle and high school groups require one adult chaperone per every ten students. Site tours for elementary schools (grade 4 and lower) are not available but programming for younger audiences is available through the American Museum of Science & Energy.
• Tours are held on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Please note we do not offer tours on weekends or holidays.
• Tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are dependent on facility and staff availability.
• All groups must provide their own transportation.
• If your group has more than 25 attendees, we require that they travel in buses or vans (rather than in a large number of small vehicles).
• We reserve the right to cancel tours based on inclement weather staff scheduling, or changes in facility availability.
• Due to the high volume of requests, we will attempt, but cannot guarantee, availability on your requested day(s) or time(s).
A complete list of all visitors with full legal name and confirmation of U.S. citizenship must be submitted at least one week prior to the tour. No additional attendees may be added within a week of the tour. Tours with participants who are non-U.S. citizens will require additional lead time for processing.
General questions about tours should be sent to email@example.com.