The Everly Brothers Park is the newest addition to the City of Knoxville's Parks and a great addition to the Bearden neighborhood. This beautiful passive park is the only commemorative park in the United States to honor rock-and-roll duo Don and Phil Everly.
Don and Phil moved with their family to Knoxville in 1953 and attended West High School. Performing as a duo, the brothers appeared on the Cas Walker Farm and Home Hour radio show on WROL-AM. In 1955, Chet Atkins, manager of RCA Victor's studio in Nashville offered to help them with their recording career. The Everly Brothers, along with musical pioneers Buddy Holly, Elvis, Little Richard, and Chuck Berry ushered in the early years of rock and roll.
The pocket park connects to the Bearden Village Greenway at the corner of Kingston Pike and Forest Park Boulevard. There are future plans for a small stage, benches, walkways, information plaques about the Everly Brothers and a signature art piece.