Built in 1923 as an office and showroom for the Candoro Marble Company, the Candoro Marble Building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Candoro Marble Building, designed by renowned architect Charles Barber, is an important example of the Beaux-Arts architectural style. It celebrates the beauty of Tennessee Pink Marble and the skill of the master craftsmen who contributed to the site. Albert Milani sculpted many of the interior and exterior marble pieces, including the delicate ribbons carved into the bases of columns and the bold shield above the main entrance. Samuel Yellin, famous for ironwork seen throughout the country, crafted iron doors, gates, and hardware with elegant details underscoring his masterful control over his medium. The interior wall painting by Hugh Tyler in the vestibule follows the curved lines of the domed ceiling with its ornate acanthus leaves.
The Candoro Marble Building is of local and national significance. This historic site brings the community together through special events, tours, and programs. In the spring of 2021, the building was restored by the Aslan Foundation for the benefit of the Knoxville community.
Tri-Star Arts provides programming at the Candoro Marble Building. Please visit tristararts.org