The very large frame house at Riverdale is the Alexander Campbell House. Built around 1800, it's one of the region's oldest homes. Campbell was one of Knox County's early settlers. After his arrival, he lived for a time at his brother's fortified settlement called Campbell’s Station in West Knox County, at what is now Farragut. Alexander Campbell moved back to the French Broad area around 1793 as Cherokee uprisings diminished and established a farm to support his large family.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a private residence with no public parking.