Click to view gallery
Old City Whiskey Festival
- Date(s): February 25, 2018 to February 25, 2018
- Event Time(s): 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Price: $100.00
- Location: 13 Locations in The Old City
Old City Whiskey Festival
Sunday, February 25th, 1:00-8:00
13 Locations with a variety of events!
Tickets include 2 Tasting Sessions, "Exploring International Whiskies" and "Scotch Intricacies," with a total of nine exotic featured whiskies at Jig and Reel as well as the opportunity to experience festive whiskey related events at 12 other great bars and restaurants in the Old City. Grab your Old City Wristband at Registration to take advantage of all the specials and events in all 13 locations. Sign up for extra classes and tours (limited space available.)
Tickets are $100 and only available online in advance from jigandreel.ticketleap.com/old-city-whiskey-festival/
There is also a link in the ticket section of this event.
First 100 ticket purchases receive a FREE Old City Whiskey Festival T-shirt to be picked up upon registration!
Registration starts same day, February 25th, at 12:00pm at Jig and Reel
Why register early? Sessions, classes, and tours are first come-first serve, so finding your desired time slots is easier if you’re ahead of the game.
Here’s a list of offerings through our lovely Old City!
* Barley's will be offering a free whiskey stone to the first 50 people with a wristband. Ask your bartender or server.
* Central Depot is serving a special Whiskey Cocktail List. They are also hosting a Jack Daniels Class at 2:00 and at 4:00. Sign up at registration, space is limited.
* Cru Bistro will be serving a special Whiskey Cocktail List. They are hosting Intro to Whiskey classes at 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00. Sign up at registration, space is limited.
* Jig and Reel is hosting two tasting events occurring every hour on the hour with the exception of 4:00pm. The main room will be a bar and restaurant open only to festival goers and will have a special guest, Tom Smith of the Scotch Malt Whiskey Society. More details below.
* Knox Whiskey Works is giving free mini tours of their distillery starting every 30 minutes. If your desired tour is full when you arrive, you will be first one the list for the next one, starting shortly.
* Melting Pot is serving two cheese fondues and two chocolate fondues laced with whiskey. They are available separately or pick two as a special. They open at 4:00.
* Merchants of Beer is the Jameson Headquarters, featuring different Jameson varieties by themselves or in cocktails.
* PostModern Spirits will set you up with a self-guided tasting of their eight spirits.
* Pour Taproom is the Hot Toddy Hot Spot with several Hot Toddies to choose from.
Pretentious Beer and Glass Company will have a beer brewed in a *PostModern Gin Barrel and will be offering 10% off their handmade whiskey glasses.
* Sugar Mama's will be baking multiple desserts with whiskey in them.
* Sweet P's Downtown Dive Chef will be serving their favorite Whiskey Bread Pudding throughout the day and is offering 10% discount to festival goers.
* Urban Bar wants you to explore Bourbon through their Bourbon Flights. They will open at 3:00.
Your ticket includes samplings, discussing with experts, tasting notes at the Jig and Reel. We will be hosting two separate sessions that run simultaneously. Both classes begin every hour on the hour except 4:00pm. Make sure you hit both classes by signing up for your desired times at registration. Your whiskies are already included in your ticket price.
* Experience exotic whiskies from around the world. We will be sampling whiskies from Taiwan, India, Japan and, of course, Tennessee.
* Discover the intricacies of Scotch by exploring different flavor profiles, techniques, and styles.
Jig and Reel's traditional bar and restaurant in the main room will be open to Festival goers only as we welcome special guest Tom Smith, a Director at the Scotch Malt Whiskey Society, https://www.smwsa.com/. As you are dining, drinking, or visiting, say Hi to Tom or ask about his selection. He would love to meet you!
Here's an ADDED BONUS!
As an Old City Whiskey Festival guest, you are invited to attend the Scotch Malt Whisky Society Whisky and Bourbon Release Party Saturday, February 24th at a discounted rate by using your exclusive Old City Whiskey Festival code: OLDCITYWHISKY. Note, there's no E, Scotch folks. This special event, held from 3:00-5:00 at Jig and Reel, allows you taste these bottles for the first time ever opened in the United States. Tom Smith from the SMWS will guide you through tasting notes and processes as you enjoy these freshly opened jewels accompanied by a buffet of meats, cheeses, fruit, and Jig and Reel specialties. Festival attendees may attend for the special rate of $40. Here's the link for the Scotch Malt Whisky Society Whisky and Bourbon Release Party: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/smws-presents-scotch-bourbon-release-party-knoxville-tn-tickets-42580894602
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
Old City Whiskey Festival
- 13 Locations in The Old City