Click to view gallery
Knoxville Walking Tours
Knoxville, TN 37902
526 South Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
- Date(s): May 25, 2018
- Event Times: Varies
- Price: Adults: $15, Children 6-12: $10
**Tours are based on availability, please see event website for times, start locations, and ticket pricing**
Storyteller Laura Still helps you live the stories of pioneers, soldiers, outlaws, and even fictional characters who walked these streets before you.
Knoxville has a rich history full of colorful characters and famous, and infamous, figures whose lives have been the inspiration for books, movies, and works of art. Take a stroll through history in beautiful downtown Knoxville while listening to true tales of the heroes, heels, and hardened criminals that are part of the hidden lore of this unique East Tennessee town.
We offer a variety of history tours on a rotating schedule. Check our website for the latest schedule.
* Civil War - Walk the streets of a city torn in two by divided loyalties, then get a Sunsphere view of the fighting. Spies, bridge burners, miracle shots, betrayal, & battle.
* Gunslingers - Family feuds & wanted outlaws. You'll relive the days when Knoxville was the wild west and Gay Street was the OK Corral.
* Old Gray Cemetery - Tour a little-known historic jewel dating to when beautiful marble and tragic violence filled the park-like grounds. Proceeds help the cemetery.
* Shadow Side Ghost Tours - Our history of blood-stained streets echoing with gunfire is full of restless spirits. Visit their haunts and hear local legends of ghostly apparitions. Tours of downtown and the Old City.
* Early Years - A frontier fort to the territorial capital, founding fathers & mothers
* Musical History - Tribal to techno, early recordings, and the roots of rock and country
* Literary Heritage - Walk in the footsteps of great writers and their characters
* African American History - Musicians, artists, & entrepreneurs. From slavery to civil rights