The race is part of the Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month takes place in the United States every May. It celebrates the culture, traditions, and history of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders throughout the United States.
The mission of the Asian Culture Center of TN is to invest in the Greater Knoxville Community and East Tennessee and promote cultural diversity by bringing families together to experience the richness and beauty of a diverse culture. Thus, this 5K race strives to bring together people from various cultural backgrounds to promote peace, harmony, unity and a healthy lifestyle.
We have been closely monitoring the impact of the coronavirus (COVID‑19), we want you to know that your safety is our top priority. With your well-being in mind and after careful deliberation, the 5K planning committee has decided to transition the 2nd Annual Knox Asian Festival 5k race/walk to a virtual event. We feel it is important to do our part to protect the health of our broader community and those who may be especially vulnerable to this virus.
As an athlete, we appreciate the efforts you make to train and your commitment to maintaining a health and fitness routine. And now let's channel that energy to create the most fun virtual run experience ever. Here is how to complete a virtual run, receive your medal and gear, and have fun while doing it.
- Complete the run of 5K anywhere, anytime between March 1 and August 1, 2020. Costume, smiling face, and lots of pictures encouraged!
- Submit your results online before end of the day on August 1 by logging into your profile page or go to the event management page. Click the "Submit virtual result" button.
- Race T-shirts will be produced on July 20 and available for pick up after August 1. To get a t-shirt, you must sign up before July 19.
- If you would like the medal and t-shirt to be shipped to you, please contact email@example.com. Additional shipping charge of $10 apply
- Share your log and your fun picture with us on Facebook and Twitter #KnoxAsianFest #KnoxAsianFest5K
A portion of the proceeds will go to local non-profits or fundraising activities that are serving those affected by COVID-19 in Knoxville and the surrounding area. Since this virtual race is open until August, and the community's needs are immediate, the race committee has decided to pick a cause and donate a portion of the race proceeds each month to help.
- Please sign up the virtual 5K or 1mile before March 31, $10 of your registration fee will go to the Knoxville Service Industry Relief Fund organized by Service Industry Coalition of Knoxville. They will be sending donations directly to service industry professionals (including restaurant/bar/hotel/event/venue staff, retail staff, rideshare drivers, health/wellness service providers, etc) who are in emergency need of assistance based on a relief request list.
- We will keep identifying areas of needs and update our donation efforts on our front page.