Click to view gallery
June 2018 Be Courageous! Conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses
Knoxville, TN 37915
500 Howard Baker Jr. Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37915
- Date(s): June 15, 2018 to July 1, 2018
- Event Times: 09:20 AM - 04:50 PM Friday and Saturday; 09:20 AM - 03:50 PM Sunday
- Price: Admission free. No collection taken.
- Location: Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum
You are warmly invited to attend either one or both of this year’s three-day "BE COURAGEOUS!” conventions presented by Jehovah’s Witnesses at Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum. The first convention will be held June 15-17, 2018, and the second June 29-July 1, 2018.
• Talks and Interviews: Learn practical ways to face present and future challenges with courage
• Multimedia: Observe what real people — and even five animals — can teach us about courage.
• Public Bible Discourse: Find out why Jesus told a grieving father: “Have no fear.” (Mark 5: 36) Listen to the Bible-based talk to be presented on Sunday morning with the theme “The Resurrection Hope Imparts Courage — How?”
• Feature Film: On Sunday afternoon, see why Jonah feared his assignment and ran away.
WHO MAY ATTEND?
Everyone. You won’t be charged admission, and no collection will be taken.
The three-day program consists of 54 presentations that will include talks, audio dramas, interviews, and short videos. Additionally, a feature film entitled "The Story of Jonah—A Lesson in Courage and Mercy" will be shown on the final day of the convention program. Each day, the morning and afternoon sessions will be introduced by music videos prepared specifically for the convention.
“When you look at the news today, you can clearly see that people of all ages are dealing with more anxieties and fears than ever before. It takes courage to face these pressures. We welcome everyone to this year’s convention to benefit from the practical advice that’s contained in the Bible,” said David A. Semonian, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses.
The two Knoxville events are among conventions being held at venues in 180 different lands.
A complete program schedule and short video about the conventions can be found online at jw.org.
Admission is free and no collection is taken.