Knoxville’s premier Earth Day celebration takes place at the Knoxville Botanical Gardens.
Free and open to the public, EarthFest provides environmental demonstrations and educational opportunities along with entertainment, food, fun, and a great marketplace for local, environmentally-friendly vendors.
The Annual EarthFest is free to the public and a family friendly event (pets included). Among them are to celebrate Earth Day, provide family friendly environmental education, share Ideas for local action, create a marketplace for environmental friendly & local commerce, showcase environmental and responsible leadership; and to demonstrate zero waste principles.
• Educational exhibits hosted by local environmentally-friendly businesses, organizations and non-profits
• Zero-waste event (There are no trash cans on site. EarthFest organizers provide recycling and composting opportunities for everything distributed at the event. We serve food on compostable plates, distribute reusable silverware and provide water stations to refill bottles.)
• Educational scavenger hunt (Kids and adults get their scavenger hunt card stamped as they walk around the event and are then entered to win lots of cool prizes.)
• Youth area with FREE kids activities
• Local food vendors/food trucks
• Pet friendly
• Buskers and acoustic musicians performing live music throughout the gardens