Big Air® is a “long jump for dogs”. The dog, which may be placed anywhere on the 40′ dock, runs and jumps into the water after a throw toy (provided by the handler) is tossed. The distance is judged from the end of the dock to where the tail set of the dog breaks the water’s surface. The team that achieves the longest distance score wins.
- BIG AIR® is the original and still most popular DOCKDOGS® competition.
- Each dog and their “Handler” are a competition team and each team competes head‐to‐head against the other teams to see who can jump the farthest distance.
- Each team is allotted 90 seconds to get the dog down the dock and into the water.
- The Judge will evaluate all jumps electronically using digital video stop‐action technology developed by ESPN’s MIS Department.
- The official jump distance will be measured, and when it’s all said and done, the dog that jumps the farthest takes home the crown!