KNOXVILLE (For Immediate Release) – Sports ETA, the leading association for the sport tourism industry, announced the honorees of its inaugural President’s All-Star Awards. The new award, selected by staff, is recognition for support and dedication to Sports ETA and the sports events and tourism industry. Honorees were chosen for the work performed above the normal call of duty and in supporting staff to implement programs and services to the sport tourism industry.
The Visit Knoxville Sports Commission is honored to recognize its Senior Director, Chad Culver, for hosting a record-breaking symposium with the National Association of Sports Commissions (now known as Sports ETA) Annual Symposium in May of 2019.
“Hosting the 2019 Sports ETA Symposium was truly a privilege, and that it had record-breaking attendance is even more incredible,” said Chad Culver. “To be surrounded by the best in the business while showcasing Knoxville was an incredible experience. The success in bringing this event to our city could not have been achieved without the support of my colleagues and partners in our destination.”
“The entire team at Visit Knoxville congratulates Chad on this award,” said Kim Bumpas, President of Visit Knoxville. “His dedication to the sports tourism industry is beyond measure and I am thrilled he is being recognized for his hard work. The Visit Knoxville Sports Commission continues to bring extraordinary events that positively impact our region, and we look forward to continued accomplishments.”
“Our inaugural Sports ETA All-Star Awards recognize those leaders who are sharing their time and talent to grow the sport events and tourism industry while supporting emerging leaders in our field with innovative programming and mentoring,” said Al Kidd, President & CEO of Sports ETA.
This award is announced following additional successes, including being named by Sports Destination Management as a 2019 Champion of Economic Impact in Sports Tourism.
The All-Star Team recipients are as follows:
- Kathy Nelson, President/CEO, Kansas City Sports Commission, for her work on the Branding Committee
- Matt Dunn, Executive Director, Palm Coast and the Flagler Beaches, for his work on the Branding Committee
- John Gibbons, Executive Director, Rhode Island Sports Commission, for his work on the 4S Summit
- Karl Schmitt, President/CEO Louisville Sports Commission, for his work on the Chief Executive Summit
- Janis Burke, CEO, Harris County-Houston Sports Authority, for her work on the Chief Executive Summit
- Bonny Bernat, Sports and Event Sales Manager at Visit Winston-Salem, for her work on the State Sports Group leadership roundtables
- Ron Sertz, Executive Director, Erie Sports Commission, for his work on the State Sports Group leadership roundtables
- Terry Hasseltine, Executive Director, Maryland Sports Commission, for his work on the State Sports Group leadership roundtable
- Don Welsh, President/CEO, Destinations International, as a Tourism Industry Partner
- Mike Gamble, President/CEO, SearchWide Global, as a Tourism Industry Partner
- Linda Logan, Executive Director, Greater Columbus Sports Commission, for her work on the Women’s Summit
- Ray Palmer, President/CEO, Pensacola Sports, for his work on the Governance Committee
- Chad Culver, Senior Director of Sports Commission at Visit Knoxville, for hosting a record-breaking Symposium
- Kindra Fry, President/CEO, Bryan-College Station Sports & Events, for her work on the Governance Committee
About Sports ETA
As the only trade association for the sport tourism industry, Sports ETA is the most trusted resource for sports commissions, destination marketing organizations (DMOs), and sports event owners. Sports ETA is committed to the success of more than 850 member organizations and 2,400 sports event professionals. Our promise is to deliver quality education, ample networking opportunities and exceptional event management and marketing know-how to our members - sports destinations, sports event owners, and suppliers to the industry - and to protect the integrity of the sports events and industry. For more information, visit sportseta.org.
About Visit Knoxville Sports Commission
The Visit Knoxville Sports Commission, established under Visit Knoxville in 2016, is responsible for bringing tournaments and sporting events to Knoxville and Knox County. The Visit Knoxville Sports Commission has had the honor of hosting top-tier events including the Sports ETA Symposium, USA Cycling Pro Road National Championships, USA Swimming TYR Pro Swim Series, and the largest BASSMASTER Classic in B.A.S.S. history. Visit Knoxville, a 501c3 organization, is the official Convention and Visitors Bureau for Knoxville and Knox County. For more information, visit visitknoxville.com/sports-commission/.