More than 60,000 people are expected to come downtown for the 13th annual Rossini Festival on Saturday, April 12.
The 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. international street festival on Gay Street and Market Square features dance, opera, music and food spanning 10 hours and 16 city blocks. For more information, visit www.knoxvilleopera.com/rossini.
Six downtown streets will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday, April 11, until 4 a.m. Sunday, April 13, for the festival:
- Gay Street, between Summit Hill Drive and Cumberland Avenue
- Union Avenue, between Walnut and State streets
- Clinch Avenue, between Walnut and State streets
- Church Avenue, between Walnut and State streets
- Market Street, between Cumberland and Union avenues
- Wall Avenue, between Gay and Walnut streets
In addition, anticipate some downtown temporary no-parking zones.